Translational Grant II (2022) : Call for Proposals
NSoE DEST-SCI invites proposals aimed at creating a product (PR) or products at the Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 7 or above. A PR created using funds from this translational grant is expected to be an upgraded version of one or more research prototypes (RPs) developed and demonstrated from the first stage of the NSoE DeST-SCI projects. Proposals must include a commercial partner as a collaborator who understands the commercial value of PR and has agreed to spend the necessary effort to commercialize it.
A PR could be a standalone software application or a system consisting of hardware and software. It could be a significant upgrade of a research prototype or an integrated system created by combining multiple existing prototypes. It is preferred, though not required, that the RP, or RPs, used in the creation of the PR have been created by the PI, and any Co-PIs, in the NSoE DeST-SCI projects.
PIs of awarded proposals will be required to submit an interim report, accompanied by a product demonstration, after T0+6 months (T0 being the start date) and a final project report at T0+12 months.
All proposals must be submitted using the project proposal template NSoE DeST-SCI-003.
- Expected award amount for a project: SG$200,000 [Including 10% indirect costs]
- Project duration: up to 12 Months (project must be completed by 31 March 2023)
- Eligibility: PIs who have received a translation grant from NSoE are not eligible to apply
- Evaluation process:
Proposals will be evaluated by an expert panel, set up by Director NSoE DeST SCI and approved by Chairman NSoE DeST-SCI Steering Committee. Recommendations of the expert panel will be forwarded to the Steering Committee for final approval.
Items to be submitted together in the proposal include :
- Translation Grant Proposal (Template)
- Translation Grant Budget (Template)
- 2-page CV of PI and Co-PI(s)
- Letter of support from the collaborator(s)
- Indication of interest: 3 January 2022
- Proposal submission deadline: 14 January 2022
- Project award announcement: 15 March 2022 (tentative)
All proposals, endorsed by Director of Research or equivalent, at the PI host institution, must be emailed to email@example.com before 14 January 2022, 11:59pm.