Industrial control systems (ICS) are complex hardware and software systems that operate industrial processes. They are commonly used in critical infrastructures such as power grids, water treatment plants and transportation systems to ensure reliability and smooth operation. As ICS become more connected to the Internet due to IT integration, they have become more susceptible to cyber attacks. Our project aims to develop practical solution to attest the integrity of an ICS under advanced attacks.
The successful applicant will work closely with a team of researchers and engineers to design and develop practical attestation techniques that can be applied to secure industrial control systems (e.g., those used in modern power grid systems).
1. Qualifications and Requirements for the position of Research Fellow:
- A PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, with expertise on cyber security
- Proficiency in high level programming
- Good working knowledge of cyber-physical system
- Past research experience and technical skillset in the area of system security, network security, software security, or industrial control systems
- Willing to commit to a 2-year contract
How to apply:
Interested individuals may kindly submit their complete resume, cover letter and contact information of up to three references to Binbin_chen@sutd.edu.sg with the subject “Research Fellow for NSoE”. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. All positions will remain open until filled.
We are currently looking for a Research/Software Engineer to prototype our solution. The successful candidate will have opportunity to work with other researchers on multiple aspects of the project, including design, programming, simulation, testing and documentation upon project completion.
2. Qualifications and Requirements for the position of Research Engineer:
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science/engineering or related fields.
- Knowledge of at least one or more programming languages (Java, C++, C or Python)
- Knowledge of PLC programming languages (ST, FBD, LD) is a plus.
- Knowledge in dashboard/visualization tools (e.g. Kibana)
- Experience in software development, prototyping and testing.
- Interest in R&D activities focusing on industrial control systems.
- Ability to collaborate with team members and work independently.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
How to apply:
Interested individuals may kindly submit their complete resume, cover letter and contact information of up to three references to Binbin_chen@sutd.edu.sg with the subject “Research Engineer for NSoE”. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. All positions will remain open until filled.