updated as @ 11 August 2021
iTrust – Centre for Research in Cyber Security is looking for Research Assistant / Student Interns to work on the project “Machine learning enabled Physical Layer Cyber-Protection for improving the cyber security of battery systems”.
The candidate will be required to work on hardening the security on an Energy Management Unit (EMU) in a Stationary Battery System (SBS) by leveraging on the local physical measurements. The EMU is a single board computer carrying out the energy management functions as directed by a cloud Energy Management System (EMS). The candidate will be involved in the cyber threat modelling for an SBS including EMU and EMS, as well as map out the cyber security threats and solutions beyond the existing process-based defence. Other part of project involves development of a prototype as a proof-of-concept (POC) to be tested/deployed in the test-bed environment and conduct penetration testing and vulnerability assessment on the EMU and cloud EMS.
An ideal candidate would be an independent, resourceful individual and an excellent team player with good interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent writing and presentation skills are required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelors, master’s in Computer Science/Information Technology with strong background on IT Security, Cyber Security, Cloud Security.
- Graduating students (bachelors/master’s) in their final year are encouraged to apply for the position.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, Bash and PHP.
- Basic exposure to threat analysis and vulnerability assessment is essential.
- Having experience in using penetration testing tools like nmap, Metasploit, Burp Suite, Hashcat, Bettercap, and Aircrack-ng would be an added advantage.
- Familiar in IoT Architecture (Embedded or Hardware Devices, Software or Firmware).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to commit for at least six months.
Interested individuals may apply by writing to iTrust@sutd.edu.sg with the subject “RA/Interns for Battery Systems Cyber Security” together with a copy of recent CV and academic transcripts. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.