Travel grants are available to encourage students to attend and participate in HASE 2017. The grants, capped at
US$500 (US$499) per eligible student, can be used to help offset travel and/or accommodation costs.
The following eligibility criteria apply. An applicant must be:
- a student at the time of attending HASE 2017, and
- a first author of a paper accepted to HASE 2017 under the “Student Paper” category.
How to apply
The following documentation must be emailed to HASE2017@sutd.edu.sg with the subject title “HASE 2017 Student Grant Application – Paper [number]” prior to the symposium:
- Student pass/ID, showing the name of the student and the university/educational institute where the student is enrolled;
- A secondary form of identification (e.g., passport, driving license, ID);
- Airfare receipt and boarding pass bearing the student’s name, if claiming for travel costs;
- Hotel booking confirmation slip and receipt bearing the student’s name, if claiming for accommodation costs;
- Email confirmation of registration at HASE 2017, with full payment made; and
- Your contact and submission details:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Total grant sought (up to
US$500 US$499), in USD.
*Camera ready version paper must be uploaded to EasyChair by the deadline.
- Please note that the grants are issued by a cheque drawn on a U.S. bank. We will not be able to cash your cheque at the conference. Please make arrangements to cash the check on your own. We suggest you contact your bank for assistance.
- Once the documentation provided has been received and verified, please allow us 6 to 8 weeks for the cheque (made payable to you) to be sent to you.
- The decision on student grants is made by the HASE 2017 General Chairs; all decisions are final.