About CISS 2023
Critical Infrastructure Security Showdown 2023 (CISS 2023) is a premier and one-of-its-kind cyber exercise in operational technology. This international exercise is held entirely remotely and opened to invited international participants. CISS 2023 is sponsored by the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore and co-organised with the Ministry of Defence, Singapore.
Theme: Let OT Reign
The 7th iteration of CISS 2023 returns with the following bumper list of exciting additions:
- 48-hour CTF-style Stage 1: 20 challenges involving PLCs, digital twin, and a live scoreboard
- In additional to SWaT, WaDi and EPIC testbeds, a gas pipeline testbed will be added
- Additional 4 hours of network familiarisation prior to Finals
- More attack objectives, including an Open Category
- Novelty prizes
To be updated.
CISS 2023 Stage 1
- The 48-hour Stage 1 CTF will be conducted remotely. You will only need your laptops. Connection details will be shared at the briefing.
- Challenge categories will be ICS (industrial control system) centric. (e.g. ICS protocols, PLC code, etc).
- Main mode of communication will be through Discord. Please create an account if you do not already have one. Discord server will be shared at briefing.
Registration for CISS 2023
Participation in this exclusive and unique exercise is by invitation only. Invited Red Teams can form up to 8 members per team and up to 2 teams per organisation. Keep a look out for our invitation in your inbox!
The top 3 Red Teams stand to win attractive cash and novelty prizes!
1st prize: S$4,000
2nd prize: S$2,000
3rd prize: S$1,000
Exercise Directing: Prof Aditya MATHUR, Prof Jianying ZhOU, TAN Shengyang
White Team Lead: William TEO
Organising Secretariats: Reuben CHNG, Benedict TAN, Mark GOH
Detector Analysts: Dr Gauthama RAMAN, Andy TAY, Ivan CHRISTIAN, Jit BISWAS, Nagarajan SIVANADIPATHAM
Judges: William TEO, Delaney NG, Matthias YEO, Rong Hwa CHONG
Green Team Lead: Francisco FURTADO
Rules of Engagement and Scoring: Francisco FURTADO
CISS Stage 1 Support: Dr LIU Yuancheng, Hannah OEI, Felix WONG, Mavis ANG
Please contact email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities.